Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Bluebird



I love to do challenges. Everytime I come across a challenge in my blog-hopping I make a note of it, and if I have time I try to get a card made. Well, this time the challenge is on Kim Hughes blog, and she is giving away a stamp set that she created for Cornish Heritage Farms. Her challenge was to use 2 of the colors - red, white, and blue (because of Memorial Day). I chose blue and white.

I started this card by stamping the branch in White Craft ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I stamped the bird on a seperate piece of white paper and cut it out. I wish my camera showed the detail better, because the bird is lifted up on a pop dot. After that, I mounted the whole piece on white cardstock and cut around with scalloped edge scissors. As an afterthought, I added the rhinestones to the corners.

The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory except for a couple things. First, the entire bird layer is also popped up. Secondly, the sentiment is a rub-on. Lastly, the faux stitching was done with the mat pack from Stampin' Up and a Signo white gel pen.

Supplies:

SU Spring Solitude stamp set, SU Brilliant Blue cardstock, Georgia-Pacific white cardstock,

My Minds Eye patterned paper, SU white craft ink and Bashful Blue ink, white embossing powder,

pop dots, Me and My Big Ideas rhinestones, blue grosgrain ribbon, decorative edge scissors,

SU rub-on, SU mat pack, Making Memories paper piercer, Signo white gel pen

1 comment:

Kim Mraz said...

your card brings a smile to my face. Thank you for taking my challenge :)