Monday, July 7, 2008

Cupcake Inspired Cherries

This card I made for Taylor's weekly cupcake challenge. I hadn't stamped with these cherries yet, so I thought I'd give them a try for this sketch. I see now that I made the green panel too large, that happens sometimes when you hand-draw the sketch to try to remember it. Anyway, the cherries are colored in with Stardust pens and have a nice sparkle to them IRL. I tied a bow across the top and then matted it with Chocolate Chip cardstock. The green layer is from the new Basic Grey Euphoria - it does have a faint pattern, hard to see in the photo. Next, I stuck on some Primas and used a scrap of Basic Grey Sultry for the bg panel. The edge of the Euphoria was looking too plain, so I added some faux stitching. Pretty simple card overall!
Supplies:
Hero Arts cherries stamp, Versafine black ink, Kraft cs, GP white cs, Chocolate Chip cs, Basic Grey Euphoria and Sultry 6x6, Sakura Stardust pens, American Crafts ribbon, Prima flowers, K & Co adhesive pearls, Uniball Signo white gel pen.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! Love the cherry image that you used! Thanks for playing!

DoxieGirl said...

Thanks for dropping by... I'm glad someone's out there... :)

Send me your address and I'll get something in the mail to you. Do you know when the next SWISS event is?

Kathie Bailey said...

Very cute Christina. Visit my blog, I have a surprise for you. :-)