Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Friend's Bee-Day



If anybody reads this blog...Hi, strangers! It's been awhile since my last post, but thats mostly because my mojo took a vacation for awhile - I wish it had taken me along, I could use one of those! Anyway it's back and I made this card earlier in the week for my friend's birthday. She loves all things bee related, so I knew what I wanted to stamp for her. Also, if you can't tell, the sentiment is a play on B-day, the shortened version of birthday.

This card was pretty simple to make. I got to use my new Nestabilities for the bee image! It is embossed though the camera barely picked it up. The bee image looks slightly crooked in the photo, but it looked better IRL. The bee was colored with a marker and the wings were filled in with Waterfall Stickles. The fun daisy paper worked really well with the bee, I thought, and I like the Build-a-Brad that I made with the same paper. I just colored the patterned paper daisy with the same marker as the bee and punched out the center...looks cool, huh? The sentiment was created with tiny alphabet rub-ons. Thats pretty much all there is to this card. If you wanna know the size, this one and pretty much any square card I make is 4.25" square.

Supplies:

Bee by Inkadinkadoo, GP white cardstock, creamy caramel cardstock, making memories patterned paper (found at Target), Archiver's blue cardstock (has a texture),Versafine black ink, So Saffron marker, Waterfall Stickles, American Crafts ribbon, SU build a brad, 1/2 in. circle punch, Large rectangle Nestabilities, Doodlebug rubons.

No comments: