Monday, July 7, 2008

Sparkle like a Star



Here's a card I made today, for the Verve challenge to create something with stars on it. I don't have any stars big enough for a focal image, so I thought about what would go with stars. This rock-star Bella came to mind so I got to work. I knew I wanted to use the fun star ribbon, so I colored the Bella in the same colors as the stars on it. The photo doesn't show it, but the guitar is covered in Diamond Glaze so it shines. I used my Nestabilities again to cut her out. The embossing shows a little better on this one.

Luckily, this Romani Basic Grey paper also matched the colors, so I pulled out my new Martha border punch to accessorize the edge. I love how it embosses! The ribbon was tied on the other side to hide the seam (and show off the stars!) and then I embossed the sentiment with some red ep. I got these fun Heidi Swapp Ghost stars just for this challenge. To attach them, and hide the glue, I stuck a button on top of each star. Then when I stuck a glue dot to the star itself, the button hides the glue...plus, I just like the way it looks!

Supplies:

Rockabella from Stamping Bella, Versafine black ink, Pro Art watercolor pencils and Niji waterbrush, Rectangle Nestabilities, Diamond Glaze, Heidi Swapp ghost stars, Foo-fa-la buttons, SU watercolor paper, SU cool carribean, Romani Basic Grey 6x6, Martha Stewart border punch, American Crafts ribbon, SU warm words, Stampendous ruby red embossing powder + versamark

No comments: